Saturday 23 April 2016

Nicki Minaj: Women should negotiate wages, like men have to.





http://time.com/4300095/nicki-minaj-time-100-video/


"As she has risen to fame as a rapper, Nicki Minaj has also become an outspoken advocate for equality. "

http://static.highsnobiety.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/nicki-minaj-anaconda-music-video-1.jpg

Rubbish. Talking about how you make lots of money isn't equality. When David Bowie figured out musicians were losing out by not owning the rights to their own music, no-one applauded him as  champion of equality, or of anything but being a canny businessman.

Nicki's willingness to spread has given her enormous wealth,
and obviously that means she can give advice
to people who aren't able or willing to compete as eye-candy.




https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2e/Female_iraqi_soldier_with_a_Kalashnikov.JPEG
This is real female empowerment.

Do you want to fuck with her? No.
portrait of Mae Jemison
Mae C. Jemison (M.D.)

You will never accomplish as much as she did.
(source)

"The Pinkprint artist has publicly voiced her opinions on racism,
misogyny and sexuality throughout her career,
particularly speaking out in support of female empowerment."


Has she? Female empowerment? So what, precisely, has she identified as an area where females don't have power and men do? Or do you mean female supremacy, in which case she can suck me hairy balls.
Apparently she has trouble with eating bananas. And covering her tits.
So strong and empowered, wow.

"In a video interview with TIME, Minaj broaches the topic of equal pay, advising women to be direct about how much they feel they are due."

That can work. Or it can fail. You see, we all look at the men at the top, the very few who climbed Everest and think "I could do that too", and for a few that will be true, but there's an awful lot of bodies of failures you have to walk past.

Far, far more men fail than succeed. We take risks. Our skeletons line the seas. A few achieve greatness - the rest an unmarked grave.





Here we have Nicki doing sexwork
- one of the fields that Feminism wants to criminalise,
at least for the men involved.

So she's now their champion?

How does that even work?

“One thing I learned along the way in business is the necessity for you to be unapologetic about asking for how much money you deserve”

And in return, your employer can decide you are delusional and hire someone cheaper. If your estimate of your value is off, you can end up broke. Are you willing to take that chance? If so, welcome to the high stakes game!

Hope you know what to do when you fail - because most successful people have failed over and over. Being broke and starving and living in your car, cleaning up for interviews and hoping your expensive suit isn't ruined on the way to the interview because it's impossible to replace - that's life, baby!


"she says. “At a very early stage in my rap career, I was making six figures for shows"

So you were living a life almost no-one else will lead - found success through blind luck - yet people are looking to you for advice? Why?

Seriously, I don't get it. This is like asking a lottery winner what the secret to picking the winning numbers is.

https://triviahappy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/itsgotelectrolytes.jpg
My head hurt reading this article.
I think my brain cells may have committed suicide to escape the situation.


"…If I heard there was another rapper making that, I thought, ‘you know what? I get out there and demand or command a crowd. I get out there and make my fans happy. I get out there and give a real show. I want that, too.’ And I pushed myself to be better with my showmanship, but I also decided, you know what? I want to be compensated well.”

Yup. Which hundreds of other rappers did just as well. They didn't get lucky, you did. It's random. It's not divine purpose or proof of your wisdom.

nicki-minaj-plastic surgery photos before-and-after-3
She had a lot of risky surgery - think about how many did the same and failed,
or had more musical talent but didn't have the cash for the many operations. (source)


"She encourages women to own their greatness"

That's gibberish. Makes readers feel good tho' and that sells advertising. Kudos for having total contempt for your audience there.

So here's an idea. Get an accurate picture of your capabilities, don't swallow guff about being 'great' or you'll end up dying from the needle or the shotgun. Focus on being grounded, sensible, objective, yet passionate about what you do - because that is what the 'greats' did over and over.

David Bowie was a brilliant musician and businessman but he never settled for mediocrity or being safe. He always pushed the boundaries and even as a very old man was trying to see what he could do that was new. Which is why he will be remembered and whatsername won't be.

https://d15mj6e6qmt1na.cloudfront.net/files/images/1037/9401/nicki_minaj_anaconda.png
I suppose the butt implants could be classed as a capital investment?
I really don't want to see the dividends tho'!



“I would tell women starting out in business, if you know you’re great at what you do, don’t ever be ashamed to ask for the top dollar in your field”


Yup. And remember, if it goes bust, you will have a sweet deal on homeless shelters compared to men - it's pretty much prison only if they need a square meal and a roof over their heads.



  “If I’m great at what I do, I can’t be denied. "

http://images.slideplayer.com/20/5988314/slides/slide_36.jpg
http://slideplayer.com/slide/5988314/
The screams of a million great musicians, artists, sculptors and more who were forgotten in their lifetimes and most afterwards, who knew bitter hunger and the betrayal of unrecognised talent, they echo on the winds that past through her ears and out that butt.









"Some things may be overlooked but no one can deny my brand"

(*Waves hand!*) I deny it.

I don't care about you - if you weren't there, another would fill that niche. I won't mourn you. I mourned Amy Winehouse and she had only a few songs I liked - but fuck, she sung her heart out on them.


“It just feels like young women are being empowered..."

More goodfeel buzzwords. Did Gawker media take over Time.com? Why doesn't anyone ever ask what the fuck that means exactly?




Take us out, Amy!



They tried to make me go to rehab but I said, 'No, no, no.'
Yes, I've been black but when I come back you'll know, know, know
I ain't got the time and if my daddy thinks I'm fine
He's tried to make me go to rehab but I won't go, go, go

No comments:

Post a Comment